As most people who know me know, I have been suffering from bilateral plantar fasciitis for two years now. It could have been something that I ran my self into... Just before I got pregnant with our 4 th child I had started heavily exercising, working out, and losing weight. I trained for a 5k with some friends and while I did that I lost about 40 lbs and it was the best and healthiest I had felt in YEARS! I unexpectedly got pregnant and tried to keep up the exercise, but just couldn't. I delivered a baby two years ago this month and I was very anxious to get back to the gym and lose the rest of the weight gained in pregnancy and feel healthy again.
At the same time my eldest started kindergarten and we started doing A LOT of walking. And before I knew it, both of my feet were crippled. And they were never the same again. I don't know if it was the running before I came pregnant, the 50-ish pounds I gained while pregnant, or all the crazy walking I did afterward.... I'll probably never know. But I started to do PF treatments within a few months when I ad also a doc recognized what was going on. I got new shoes, custom orthotics, two night-splits, 8 weeks of physical therapy, lots more weeks of chiropractic care, MRIs, X-rays, cortisone injections, more new shoes, LOTS of resting, and NO more walking or gym workouts. As I've continued to gain weight from my incredible lack of activity it has gotten to be very frustrating for me.
Last month I got to spend the whole month at my moms house and I thought that my feet would rest a bit, cooler weather, softer sub-floors... But after painting her house and putting up backyard fencing and even more painting projects I left Colorado with throbbing, awful, painful feet. I was so fed up with it that the day I got back I called and schedules surgery for less that a week later.
I had my plantar fasciotomy procedure yesterday and it went quite smooth. The procedure was super quick. And now today, the following day of the procedure, I do feel a small painful twinge at the incision site, and I don't feel comfortable putting much weight on it yet, but they say I should be able to soon. It's just wrapped in ace bandages and then I have an awesome little walking shoe to go over it. And some fabulous crutches to hobble around on!
I had the procedure done on my left foot and I will go in in 3 weeks to have it done on my right foot. So hopefully this last step helps cure the problem and I'll be able to exercise and play volleyball again without any painful side effects. Oh how I hope so!!!
3 comments:
Good to hear! Good luck with all the healing! Aubrey wants to play with Tristan soon, so just let me know and I can come get her. Aubrey is also starting preschool in 2 weeks! I am so excited. Get well!
I hope so too!!! You've done everything imaginable, this HAS to fix it!!
I hope it works!! You have been in pain for such a long time. Take it easy and let it all heal!
Post a Comment