Monday, February 18, 2008

Scrapbooking

I've been plugging away at Tristan's scrapbooks. I'd like to be able to get it all done before I forget about all that has happened. Yeah, I'm well on my way.... 16 pages down and I'm already to day 3 of life... I think I have a long way to go!! Anyway, regardless of how much I have ahead of me, I have really been enjoying putting these pages together. I always considered scrapbooking as therapuetic, it's a way for me to escape the stresses of life. But for the first time I am realizing why I do it. It's really helped me be able to focus and accept what our family went through after Tristan was born. It's been a time for me to reflect and even, late some nites, shed a few tears because of the memories it brings back. I'm so excited to have all these pages for her from this time in her life. She'll never fully know how much stronger it has made the family around her.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Leah said...

Your scrapbooks always look so cute, Ashley. Now, tell me, are you going to scrapbook the photo you took of your scrapbook pages? :)

azufelt said...

I should... that would make for a fantastic story...!!

Ralphie said...

And then, you could take a picture of that, and so on.

azufelt said...

mmmhhh... i'm really liking where this is going... so if you ever thought that you weren't "caught up" on your scrapbooking, just imagine how much worse is COULD be if you started taking more pictures of what scrapbooked... That could get rather tedious and messy...!!

Briannerose said...

I wish that I had the time to do that. Hey I mailed your stuff on monday even though they were closed, so look out here come your borders, haha

azufelt said...

Oh yeah,I have plenty of time to scrapbook, this is how I find the time... I lock my kids in the backyard... or I don't sleep at nite... Those are two really good options to getting some free time. Now they usually can't be sued for exteneisve amounts of time, but every now and then it does the trick!

Oh yippee, I can't wait for my new borders to came, I will frame pictures for everyone then!!! you rock Brianne!

Conder Family said...

You take the best pictures of your kids...She is going to love the scrapbook!

Tim and Melissa said...

All I can say is WOW! I'm so impressed. I am so far behind on scrapbooking that I haven't even done one page of D's life. I've printed some pictures and put them in the slip-in pages...does that count?

azufelt said...

Melissa- I mean, that counts for something... It counts as at least having pictures in a book! Right?!

I've gone a little overboard with these pages of Tristan's, I think I now have what I have for the other girls' whole life!! But I just don't want to forget any of it, you know?

Oh yeah and the c9ount is now up to 23 pages and we are at "just about to go into surgery"!!


Search Engine Optimization Services

The Key