Monday, August 24, 2009

it's about time

Where have the years gone? I can't believe that she's actually started school. Real school, for real! I'm blown away by it, all of it!

Today was the first day of Kindergarten for Madison, We've spent almost 6 years with her in our family now, and it jsut seems to have gone by so fast! She's been waiting a whole year to go to "big school" now. Ever sice she got to go have lunch with her older friend, Emma, she's been dying to get inside those doors and buy her own school lunch! The funny part is that so far I'm not letting her buy cafeteria lunch yet! That's alright, she thought all my yummy snacks were super cool!


It's going to be a tough schedule to get used to... we got up at 6 a.m. this morning. Even baby Austin got the memo on that one, because he started crying one second beforemy alarm went off! We all walked her down to school, which will become a daily occurance, less daddy of course.

I think she came home so over-loaded with "new" that when asked how school was she didn't even know what else to say except good. As the evening has gone on I have learned bits and pieces more information about her day and the happenings of it. I think she's going to continue to have a blast, and I (and Brooklyne) are both looking forward to next year when she gets to start Kidnergarten. (Because she was S-A-D to leave her sister and best friend behind at school this morning. and she won't hesitate to admit that we had a boring day today.)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

G said...

We're doing that tomorrow!

John and Clara Balsmeier said...

IT's so weird isn't it? I am glad she has had fun so far. I can't remember my first day at K but it must all be so overwhelming for those little kiddos. Wait, Madison is 6? How does that work? Her B-day is in Nov but she would have been 5 by the right time last year, right? Abbi was only 4 when school actually started, that was really weird.

Becky said...

I love that picture! I wish I was talented like you! I'm glad that Madison had a good week.


Search Engine Optimization Services

The Key