Well, Grandma left and TJ went back to work and now we are on our own. Whew, what a scary thought! Actually we've been doing alright.
Austin moved out of my bedroom when he was about 7 days old, I just couldn't take all the little munching noises all nite long. So I moved him downstairs to sleep the nite through in the pack-n-play, which he prefers over the bassinet anyway. When Grandma left the office was quickly tidied up and turned into a make-shift baby room for awhile. So, now Austin is co-sleeping with my computer... hey, all those late nites should be great time to get a few blog posts written, right?!
We've been consistently waking up about 3 times during the nite, he's been eating at like 9-ish, 1-ish, 5-ish, and 8-ish (love the -ish, right?) Well, that's because there of course are still some nites when he needs to eat like every hour! Oh well, I'm cutting him some slack for a little while, I mean, he isn't quite 2 weeks old yet! But seriously, after school starts, he's going to have to get this figured out!
He doesn't really love his pacifier, I'm not sure what to think about that. I have really liked having two pacifier kids, putting them down for bed and naps is SO much easier, than with a baby that always wants to drink a bottle to sleep. Oh well, maybe I'll have a little bit more time on my hands after school has started.
That's the other thing: it is SO hard to believe that we have a daughter starting school! I mean, has that much time gone by? Was it really 6 years ago that I was doing all this baby-ing stuff with her?
Well, we are so excited for her still, and she is excited also. We get to find out which class she is in this week and go meet the teacher and everything. Grandma helped us get our school supplies shopped for, and helped us go shopping for some new school clothes. Brooklyne is a little skeptical to start preschool, I think she might be in shock the first few times because it will be different than last year, and Madison won't be there with her; she doesn't seem to handle change very well. She must get that from her Dad! I do think that once she gets started she's going to have a great time, and all these kids are HER age, instead of starting school with Madison, so it'll be good for her to be with her own friends.
Anyway, until later, that's what's going on with us. I'm planning to try and get a few more pictures taken of Austin this week. It seems more fun with him, and a bit less work, maybe because my kids are a bit older? Anyway, I've seen some really great shots online I want to try and copy (cool, huh?) I'll post some if they turn out any decent.
No comments:
Post a Comment