So apparently two tasks in a day is a little TOO much. It's a good thing that I'm cutting out doing one thing a day because if I can't do 2, getting a third thing is totally out of the question! And I can't have the one thing I cut out everday be a shower, or I might get to be one stinky person!
I managed to get the sewing items done yesterday and subsequently mailed out today. The bread however never happened. As for today, the bathroom got 3/4 of the way done, atleast most of the things I have to see all day are cleaner. The catching up on laundry, only got touched when the extra towels from the bathroom got washed.
I think I'm over-estimating what I can do in a day by under-budgetting my time. I waste my fair share of time (farmville, blogging, recipe browsing) but really, if I can't do some things I like, then where is the joy? TJ suggested that I track what I do during my day so I have a better idea of how much I can actually do in a day. And as tedious as that seems, it did help me calm down a little bit to run back through my day.... I was going to list it, but that seems excessive. point is that it is fool-proof, there was hardly too much time wasting going on!
So, we are down to the ONE item a day, just do ONE, get it DONE, is that so hard?
2 comments:
I have gotten pretty good at estimating what I can accomplish in a certain time frame. Well...I'd like to think so anyways.
Except...yesterday I had 5 things to do when I got home. I did one of them. But that is cause I got annoyed and lost my motivation.
So today on my list instead of a specific day....I just wrote "Sometime". Ha. I also learned if I need to go to the store later....I should NOT go home first from work.
So one thing at a time sounds good to me. Oh, and this is my new favorite to do list print out:
http://martawrites.blogspot.com/2010/01/to-do-list-printable.html
That's one more thing than what I get done in a day! I try to write on my calendar days a proposed day to get certain things done. If it doesn't happen, no biggie, I just rewrite it for an upcoming day. That way I know I won't forget about it, it will eventually get done and I lose the guilt. You always manage to look stunning at church on Sunday, which with 3 young kids is a feat!! Love you.
Post a Comment