So I thought somehow that Thursday was going to be some magical day where they called and said she looked fantastic come pick her up tomorrow... maybe I set my expectations a tad bit high. The did call, it just wan't quite the way I had imagined it all would be (it never is).
The word is the chest x-ray from today looks good, so there's no build up of fluid in there. They ordered a sonogram and the unofficial word on that is that it too looks good. They did find today that she has low sodium, so now they continue to monitor her electrlyte levels.
I just checked the answering machine and the doc said on there that they would check the chest c-ray again on friday (tomorrow) and if that looked good then going home tomorrow is a possibility.
Which that all is fantastic news, and really, what we've been waiting for, for so long. But somehow I'm still a little sad. I guess I just thought that we were going to know today and we could plan a big special day tomorrow to bring her home, and now they've stretched her out another day. So right now, it's a "maybe" that she'll come home tomorrow. They have to run all their tests again and they have to be consistent with todays, and then they will give us the word. I think at the latest they are thinking Saturday, which is still fantastic, I just thought it all would be happier and it's kind of a drag that "she's ready to come home, but.... we have to do all this other crap still." At that rate, she's been ready to go home the whole time, you know, I mean minus all the tests, procedures and stuff.... ugh, what a tiresome process.
So, once again, I end my day with, we'll see how she looks tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(17)
-
▼
December
(16)
- Sleepless nites?
- She's Home!!!
- 3 Princesses
- Positive Attitude
- STRETCH........
- Pray for Strength and Health
- One month birthday!!
- Mommy and Tristan
- One foot out the door?
- She smiles!
- And she cries
- She's on her own now -- breathing that is!
- Out of the PICU into the NICU
- Our Family Picture
- Tristan's getting well pic
- Baby Tristan
-
▼
December
(16)
1 comment:
Hi Ashley, It's great to finally see some pictures of Tristan. She is so beautiful. We are so pleased to hear that she will be coming home soon. I had a feeling that everything would be okay, but it's nice to have confirmation of that. We love you all, and you are in our prayers. - Jeramy & Meredith Hughes
Post a Comment