Yep, it's true... 10 years... 10 years ago this spring was when I first got licensed to be on the road.
With all this talk about new cars and gas prices, tonite as I was driving the MINI to the store it dawned on me that it had been that long. So I thought I'd share some driving stories about myself:
Shortly after I was handed over a drivers permit I hit the streets driving a local patrol car. That's right, an L-town Police Department ehicle. Of course I was under good supervision, they just didn't know that I had only had that permit for... a week-ish, eh- give or take! Yep, my old high school crony and I, we got to participate in a Police-car driving course as part of one of our elective classes. I'm sure I probably ran over every cone out there!
I did pass my written test on the very first try, and I even passed my driving test on the first try too! Of course I had to drive the old standard transmission Geo Metro, and I only stalled it a few times, put they still let me on the road.
In my defense, I've only been the driver in one accident (a rider in a few others), and I do blame faulty weather conditions. Plus, it was like a major-minor accident; nobody was hurt and the other 18-wheeler involved never even knew that we collided and no ticket.... so really, what harm done? (Although the car was near totalled.) We won't get in to how many speeding tickets I may have had!
So the good news is that I have been blessing the road with my fantastic driving habits (and rare cases of road anger) for 10 whole years now. My am I grown up! Now if only I could find a picture of my very first car that my parents bought for me, some of you may remember the hideous truck I once drove. But hey, it was wheels, so you don't complain too much.
Enjoy your driving!
No comments:
Post a Comment