Monday, June 2, 2008

Smokin' Hot

Since we moved to the Lone Star State, TJ has gained a new hobby of sorts. He is truly obsessed with BBQ. It started off small, and has grown increasingly since. This past weekend he smoked pork for the whole ward. Man, I haven't seen this guy smile as much as he did handing out pork sandwiches to 150+ people. It truly brought him great joy.

So, I think this little hobby of his is about to get bigger. He's been talking about getting a new smoker, something that we wouldn't have to ratchet tie to the Tahoe to pull it to the park ;)

I know he wants something big, I just hope it's not this big:


Alright, it probably won't be THAT big, but can you imagine how much meat that baby would smoke... WOO-EEE! That's a lot of BBQ!

Anyway, I'm glad to see he has such a fun hobby, and it's great for me, because I get to scrumptiously eat his hobby after he's slaved over it for 18 hours!

9 comments:

meleah said...

I don't know, I think buying that tank wouldn't be such a bad idea. :)

Kajsa said...

it was sooo yummy! hes so nice to do that and im glad he loves it, it was great!

BETH said...

it was fabulous- I sure am glad I live around the corner from you and can smell when you are BBQueing

Sara said...

TJ's brisket is so yummy...wish you guys still lived here so we could come over for dinner! That semi with the smoker would be great except a pain to pull in and out of your community.

Yvonne Kizerian said...

If he bought that big 'ol tank then y'all's house would REALLY look like it was on fire when he was BBQ-ing-not just the little smoke rings I saw coming up a few weeks ago.

Leah said...

Mmmmmm, I never got to tell TJ how scrumptious the pork was! It had the perfect amount of smoky flavor. Delish. Thanks!

Debi said...

Ya! Ken served his mission there and he has always gone on and on about Texas BBQ and how there is nothing like it!!

birthMOM said...

i wanna taste, send me some!!

Chilly Beans said...

I can totally see T with his eyes all big and a huge smile on his face as he BBQ's! He's so fun! Man, I wish we lived closer to you guys cause we would hang out with you guys! James loves to BBQ too, so T and James could share stories by the light of the grill flames, and you and I could hang out and talk about blogging!! Doesn't that sound fun? :)


Search Engine Optimization Services

The Key