Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sick!

Not as in gross, as in not feeling well!
So, here, what's the deal with this? We have had a totally terrible morning... everyone slept in, I'm all congested, so we didn't really do much. I pushed off going to the gym until "later" to play with some sewing projects. I mean, what else better to do on a day that you are feeling under the weather? But then there's kids... 3 of 'em... where'd they come from? Oh, yep, they're all mine! So, thankfully one goes back to sleep pretty often, that's a life saver. The other two... are crazy. They ran around, they watched a movie, they snuck snacks out of the pantry, they helped themselves to pouring their own sippy cup of Orange juice. Where was I? Why didn't I see the little 3 year old crazy invading the fridge? Apparently the congestion had made me completely oblivious.

After awhile, I realized that if we didn't get out and do something today would be the end of me. So it took all I had to go pack my bag and get clothes out for dressing so we could head to the gym (it's the only place I can go without spending money. And I get in shape too, I guess it's not that bad!) Anyway, as the clock ticked onward, the babe was still sleeping, so we waited; I watched The People's Court (yeah, I actually like that one!) and helped myself to a Pepsi, which was much needed... but then again... where are my kids? No, just joking, they were there with me, trying to snatch some of my ever so savored soda, and whining that they didn't like my show, they wanted to watch a kid show. It was then that I realized it was nearly 1 o'clock, and we had done nothing. So I got my rear in gear, and set to leave. I then looked at another clock and realized, it was NOT 1 p.m. it was 2. TWO. Where had my day gone? Now we were in a hurry, I couldn't believe it.

Alright, so onto the "point".... I was so irritable this morning, with not feeling well, and my kids being SO bored... but I felt SOOOO good at the gym. my congestion was gone, I was in a zone, in a quite element, kid free... it was bliss. I even thought that as I jogged my 45 minutes (for real). But then, upon getting everyone loaded back in the car to come home, and upon entering the hosue, where which I had to put the spoiled baby down to put away all my stuff, and she started screaming. I wondered, how could someone feel so blah, then leave, feel great as long at they are away, and then the second upon returning return right back to the state of "blah"?

Is it because my house is less than perfectly clean? Or is it because home has such a sense of relaxing, adn so when I come home I jsut don't want to keep doing it, or what? Anyway, my whole day has passed and the only productive things that have happened ALL day long is that Tristan got all her naps, and I got a run in. Ooohh, and a shower.

3 comments:

Debi said...

Bravo... a SHOWER! I know what you mean about feeling Blah at home. I don't know what it is... sometimes I wonder if it's a feeling of being trapped in boredom? It can be so hard to step it up and get out of the rut!

stampinashley said...

for real, it was tough today. I think it was double bad, because even though I felt better after having gone to the gym, I then came home to a messy house, and then I was sucked back into crabby land. Whereas later when I got up enough gump to clean up the place, I felt a LOT better afterward, and actually had a pleasant evening. It's hard, but sometimes I just need to give myself a good kick in the pants and a self-motivating talk about not being a wuss.

birthMOM said...

hey, I consider a shower a major accomplishment and I have... lets see... lets count em up... oh that's right.... ZERO kids!! haha!!
somebody, maybe sudafed or vaporub, makes a pretty cool shower soother, you put it on the drain so as the water goes down the drain it makes it all steamy and menthalatumy, great for congestion crap!!


Search Engine Optimization Services

The Key