Apparently I failed to post these here, (I really shouldn't have so many blogs, I'm getting confused!)
Anyway, all of you that check regularly.... I didn't want you to miss out on these fab shots!
I ran in my first ever "race" on Saturday. It was a 5K supporting SpinaBifida. I actually got talked into it my some other gals at church, but it was a really cool goal for me to work toward. I've never cared about running, I actually am less than thrilled to do it, but I went ahead and succombed to the peer pressure and did it with them.
It was a lot of work, I mean, not any more work than running 3 miles on my own, and had I been consistantly running 3 miles often-ish, it may not have been so hard (I'm going to keep telling myself that!).

Anyway, here's me with the girls when we first got there. We had to get up SO early to get down there on time, everyone was so tired when we were done! But the girls thought it was so cool that Mommy was running in a race, it was totally cute!
Anyway, all of you that check regularly.... I didn't want you to miss out on these fab shots!
I ran in my first ever "race" on Saturday. It was a 5K supporting SpinaBifida. I actually got talked into it my some other gals at church, but it was a really cool goal for me to work toward. I've never cared about running, I actually am less than thrilled to do it, but I went ahead and succombed to the peer pressure and did it with them.
It was a lot of work, I mean, not any more work than running 3 miles on my own, and had I been consistantly running 3 miles often-ish, it may not have been so hard (I'm going to keep telling myself that!).
Anyway, here's me with the girls when we first got there. We had to get up SO early to get down there on time, everyone was so tired when we were done! But the girls thought it was so cool that Mommy was running in a race, it was totally cute!
Here I am, in all my running glory on the finish-line stretch. I actually had to walk a good portion of the run, but the last little bit, I picked up any energy I had left in me, and hauled my butt into the finish line. I actually caught back up with a girl that had been running several hundred yards in front of me, so that was cool.
I nearly met my original goal, of running it in less than a 10 minute per mile pace, I'd only have to shave off 3 minutes to get to that pace... I think I can do that for a future run. I finished 6th in my age catagory, and unbeknownst to the girl that I caught up with (who finished first in her age group, which was 20-24) I was not even in the ancietly old category, just the one above her. (she totally thought I was older than that, whatever!) And I think I placed like 44th over-all... don't know how many people were there really... there were a lot sitll behind me...
Anyway, there are a few more race day pictures at the Skinny Hippos and also in my album. Thanks for all the extra cheers, and all the warm compliments on the accomplishment. Even though it's not my love in life, it feels so awesome to hear someone tell you that you did a fantastic job! Thanks everyone!
**Update** I finally got my official stats, jsut wanted to stick them on here, so I would always have them (how sentimental!)
Zufelt, Ashley 44-overall 17-female 6-(age 25-29) 34:23.2- Gun time
33:55.6 -personal chip time 10:55 -mile pace

8 comments:
congrats girlie! thats awesome!!
That is awesome Ash!! I can't believe you actually ran. It's a good thing you have an action shot in there or I would not have believed it!
whoohoo!! awesome!!
Clara--- are you calling me lazy?!!
Really I just photoshopped my head in there... alright, actually no, if I did that I would have picked a smokin' hot bod to put my head on!
Good For You!!!! I'm so impressed. Way to get up and move. Funny that you totally kicked that girl's butt at the end. :)
Wow! I'm impressed. Everyone seems to be into running these days except for me. What am I missing?
OK... what is up with all you supper motivated women and your running? My sister is doing the same thing along with every other woman I know... I guess I better put the shoes on, I don't want to be left behind! Congrats! Love ya, Debi
Rock on! That's so awesome that you ran a race. The 5Ks that I do consist of me walking/ occasionally jogging, and not jogging/ occasionally walking. Good job! :)
Post a Comment