Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First day of October

October is my favorite month, I guess for a few different reasons... Because it's the month that truly is fall and pumpkins, and you are over the school just starting, and the weather is cooling down (some places, not here in the Lone star State) It's also the month that kicks off all the holiday season, so it's okay to be thinking about plans for Christmas, Christmas cards, decorations, scrapbook pages, etc. I do love Halloween, even though I hardly ever make the efforts to dress up for it, I am in LOVE with all the paper crafting supplies that are Halloween oriented.



It helps that my birthday falls in this month, and therefore I've always taken a special liking to October. It's just a special month for me. I remember often times having a carrot cake in the shape of a pumpkin for my birthdays, what fun! Madison is in love with Halloween, and I just wish her birthday wasn't a few days afterward, then it wouldn't be so awkward throwing a Halloween birthday party!



Anyway, I love, love, love that picture up above of the sun setting and the tree leaves changing colors. It makes me miss good ol' Colorado and our favorite town to go visit in the fall, Como. I know, it's weird... but it was TJ's and my special place when we were first married.

Well, I just wanted to wish everyone a happy First Day of October! Enjoy it, it's my favorite month. Ooh, and my favorite apples should be at the grocery store now... go try one, they are called Honey-crisp apples. Slightly on the pricey side, but go ahead and just get one and try it, you won't be disappointed!

4 comments:

Jules said...

Autumn is my favorite season and I love Oct for kicking it off!!

I always despise Texas this time of year (even with the lovely weather) because it doesn't ever feel like fall and it makes me sad.

Oh, and I don't know when her bday is, but if it is just a few days after couldn't you just throw her party the week before? Right? I mean how often do people actually get to have parties on their actual birthday?

Emily S. said...

i'm with you on all the October love. YAY!

birthMOM said...

jeez, everybody's birthday is in october!!!

Janine Padilla said...

I agree. Fall is one of my fav's too. When is your birthday?? I better not have missed it!


Search Engine Optimization Services

The Key