Monday, January 19, 2009

boring old January

It seems like everything is down in january... consumer purchases, more people are depressed or sick, the temperatures are cold.... and it has filtered into our lives: There is just NOTHING to do. Oh well, I guess Gym membership sales are probably up, since the place is totally loaded... other than that, we lead pretty boring lives around here.

My mom had wondered why nobody seems to have posted since Christmas, and it's precisely that nothing at all exciting has happened since then!

Alright, well, it's not completely true... Tristan has started learning to walk, which is our most excited report! It is SO FUN to see your child learn these little milestones. She took a few steps a couple weeks ago, and it scared her so much that she wouldn't even walk if you held her fingers; in fear you might let go! But since I backed off a bit, I have found her taking a few steps when she really needs to get to something and she's not thinking about what her feet are doing. It is SOOO cute!

Of course she still only take like 3 or 4 steps before she can't go anymore, but she can stand for a long time, which Madison couldn't do for awhile. In fact, when Madison started walking she couldn't even stop without falling down. So as long as her momentum was propelling her forward her legs could keep up, once she needed to stop, it was down to her bottom she went!

That's the only exciting milestone, hopefully I'll try to capture the cuteness on the webcam or something. These are the only times in my life that I wish I had some kind of recorder contraption...

Hope you all are enjoying your boring January, there's only a few more weeks of it!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

sure sounds like your january is boring... :)


Search Engine Optimization Services

The Key