Monday, July 13, 2009

The big one

Here are my proudest details from the party... I didn't really get any pictures of the ACTUAL party... since you, know I have a few kids I have to chase after, feed, prepare food, blah, blah blah, you know, all that playing hostestt stuff. Alright, maybe it's a an excuse, but isn't it a good one?



For starters, the invites. Really and truly invites are my most favorite part. Even though I know that everybody throws them away, and I often wonder why I should waste my time or efforts on such a piece of paper that will shortly be disposed of... I just can't help it. It's the thing that sets the modd and tone of the party. I thought I was rather clever with this one (nothing like giving myself a big pat on the back, eh? !!)



Some little party favors for the adults to take home, since I made others for the kdis to have. The buckets were filled with salt water taffy. Seriously, no candy says summer-time like salt water taffy! Yum. I think I may have picked out all the cinnamon ones before filling the buckets, they are my all time favorite!



The party favors for the kids, or anybody else that wanted one. I made my dearest friends save me their toilet paper rolls for weeks (cool, huh?). In my head it was such a clever idea. When implementation and construction finally began on them, I was thinking the idea was far less than clever, hovering around stupid. But in the end, I did manage to finish them, and well, as dorky as they may have been, they were still a better idea that these next things:

The treats. Well, the treats were a fine idea. I even had a lot of fun making them.... ready for the "problem".... One should never be suckered into buying a start-shaped cupcake mold that only has 6 cups in it. Because makign 6 star cupcakes at a time is not really that fun. Cool in the end, maybe, cool changing them out every 11 minutes... not really. But the girls and I rose to the task and got them done, yeah for us! Next item of "not-so-coolness" was these here star shaped rice krispies. Super easy to make, relatively easy to cut out, using a standard cookie cutter. And they were quite easy to dip in the white chocolate and decorate. But, well, you'll see what happens (down at the bottom) when they are skewered and put out in the Texas heat....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leah said...

I wish I would've known you needed TP rolls; I have a box of a bunch of them, and I don't even know why I'm saving them. But I thought the favors turned out cute.


Search Engine Optimization Services

The Key