Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Truth comes out

I guess I don't have "Cousin IT" as a daughter after all. She just turns into "Cousin IT" if she's not properly bribed with boat-loads of candy. Ya, they sell them in boat-loads.

Anyhoo, on to the good stuff:



scribble card rgb

This photo card was made especially to give to some of Tristan's doctors that we make follow up visits too. Her cardiologist has a huge board of all the hear kids, and he asked for a pic, saying that it's comforting to future parents and families that come through that their child too will overcome this time in their life, and return to being beautiful, healthy, normal kids. I was glad to make it.


-0297




-0290



The rest of these pictures, are just luck of the draw that I got a good one. The little stiniker would only smile when I told her that Austin was a girl. Yep, she thought that was the funniest thing, because she knew that he most definitely is not a girl!


-0295






-0289



I'm actually really glad to have taken these photos, for my own keeping. it's such a beautiful way to remember how proud we are of that little scar on that little girl. I'm sure she will grow up and always be embarassed and self-conscious about it showing, but nothing will ever change for me. I will always see that scar as something beautiful. It means my daughter is a fighter. It's odd to have something so visual to serve as a reminder of all that she's been through, and how special she is to us, and how lucky we are to have her as part of our family.


-0287




-0281



I know I have posted this poem before, but I really think that it should accompany this picture.

The Day I Became a Heart Mother
One day my world came crashing down,
I'll never be the same.
They told me that my child was sick.
I thought, "Am I to blame"?
I don't think I can handle this.
I am really not that strong.
It seemed my heart was breaking.
I have loved her for so long.

I will not give up on this child.
I will listen to your advice.
I will give my child any chance.
No matter what the price.
I will learn all that I need to help my child thrive.
I'll even use that feeding tube.
My child must survive!

Will she need a lot of therapy?
Will she gain the needed weight?
Please God, help me do this.
I will accept our fate.

When the monitors beep at night, it serves as my reminder.
How many parents would love that sound.
Tomorrow I will be kinder.
As another Angel earns his wings,
I run to my child's bed.
I watch her sleep for quite a while.
I bend down and kiss her head.
I cry for the parents whose hearts have been broken.
I look to You wondering why?
Oh Lord, I just can't know your ways....no matter how I try.

And yet, I trust you hold her life, and guide us through each day.
My mind says savor each moment she's here,
But my heart begs, "PLEASE let her stay"!

From pacing the surgical waiting room, to sitting by her bed.
From wishing for a good night’s sleep, to learning every med.
From wondering, "Will she be alright?", to watching her reach out her hands.
With every smile my heart just melts, despite life's harsh demands.

For all who see that faded line.
I look to them and smile.
You see my child is loved so much.
I would face ANY trial.
That scar I trace with my finger (It's the door to her beautiful heart).
God must have known how much I'd love her (Just as He loved her from the start).

A heart mom is always a heart mom.
Now wise beyond her years.
For those who have angels in heaven,
Our hearts share in all of your tears.

Every day I will try and remember,
I was chosen for her (and no other).
I will always embrace that beautiful day.......
When I became a "Heart Mother".

- Author Unknown

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I really love that poem!


Search Engine Optimization Services

The Key