Tristan had her first cardiology appointment today. First outside the hospital that is. I went there today thinking that it was just some routine check-up that they would simply send me away and tell me she's fine. And when the nurse was taking her blood pressures and she was getting different readings from her arms to her legs, the panic set in inside. How could I have been so oblivious to think it could be so simple or easy? So at that point I was kicking myself (figuratively speaking) because I have well moved on with life and don't give much thought to those days at the hospital.
Well, much to my original reassurance, the doctor saw her and said she looked great. The readings weren't really off, or not off far enough to worry about. He did an echo and saw the reapair and measured the pressures betwen when blood comes out of her heart (which has only a bicuspid valve) to when it reaches the narrowed spot where the repair was done. He said there was an increase in velocity, but nothing to be concerned about. She doesn't have high blood pressure and so if it all stays the same as it is now, then everything is great.
The doc did also tell me that they took a consensus among the other docs and they decided that I was the coolest mom they've had. That made me feel good.
So, the news is that she is looking great, her heart repair is doing very well, she weighed in at 9 lbs 7.5 oz., which puts her right on track for her 25% mark which she was born at; and we don't have to go back and see him for 6 months... woohoo!
On a lighter note... Brooklyne said something funny while we were there: She was pushing around a toy lawn mower and she pushes it over to me and says, "I need some gas." I just started laughing, I thought it was funny.
2 comments:
I have to agree. You are pretty dang cool. And man, your kids are so cute. I miss you all!
congrats, you are a cool mom! and im not on your list of friends :(
Post a Comment