Alright, it's true, I have a commitment problem. You see... I like to scarpbook...(If you didn't know that, we probalby haven't been close friends yet!) So here's the problem: There are so many wonderful, little, sparkley, embellishments and ribbons- that's what makes scrapbooking so darn fun- I have a reason to buy them all. And there begins my problem with commitment. I am very good at finding, picking out and buying the perfect pieces.
The problem is that I can't bear to see them used up. I mean, what if they will match something else BETTER down the road? What if I get to another set of pictures and I wish I would have save X embellishment or ribbon for THAT project?
Truth be told, most scrapbookers become hoarders over time, not being able to withstand the seperation anxiety that might occur if they commit to using that last perfect brad.
As so becomes one of my goals or resolutions rather for the new year. I know, it's a little late to being setting goals... However, I did set this goal, internally back in January, I just didn't want to tell anyone, in fear that I wouldn't be able to stick with it (we are talking about a commitment issue here). Oh yes, so the goal would be to not buy scrapbooking supplies merely because they are pretty AND on sale... to only buy when working on a project. Sounds rather simple if you think about it, but there is a lot of weight behind that goal.
So it turns out that I have actually stuck with it (to some extent at least) I have bought ONLY for my projects, and in turn I have accomplished more pages than I have in a really long time -combined.
I bring this up, because I have 3 more pages to add to Tristan's book, although now we are starting to expand, I did all 3 girls' Easter pages (already!!) So I think Tristan's count is up to... 46 ... that's a lot of scarpbook pages!!
Anyway, for now, I think I will need to write this on the wall of my scrapbooking room, "Use it up, Wear it out, make it do, or do with out." Because hoarding these beauties does nobody any good, not only do I not get to show them off, but I would never get to buy more; and that's no fun for anyone!
9 comments:
Great goal, Ashley. I've made a little goal regarding scrapbooking supplies myself. In fact, you may be able to help me out with it. I'm going to get rid of a bunch of stuff that I haven't used. That way, I can buy more as I need it. Just another reason we need to get together...
That's really funny because you are absolutely right! I know people who do that with scrapbooking supplies as well (not me. I don't scrapbook...I know!! SCANDALOUS!!)
At any rate, I am proud of you for sticking to your goal! I know it can't be easy, but look at how much you have accomplished. Pretty soon, it will all be second nature to you. :) Good job sis!
I'm the same way (hoarding stuff) but for a different reason; you know me: if I use it, then I have to spend money on buying more. hahaha.
I like the quote for your wall... who would have thought you could use it for scrapbooking supplies?!
way to go! youve done a lot! and i totally agree with your little saying, why have it if it doesnt get used! i still want to look at tristans book someday!
ahh..inspiring! Now if only I could make myself get STARTED!! Since having the new little one, I just cringe at the whole "getting started back up" part of it... And so my hoard is not being used for different reasons...*sigh*
you sound like me and pretty stationary. i LOVE LOVE LOVE paper. but i have a hard time sending it away. is this person WORTHY of such gorgeous paper? will they appreciate it? maybe i should keep it for now and use 'lesser' paper for this note . . .
so now i try to just save the last piece of great stationary, and be open to buying more! :)
I like your Blog! I didn't realize our little girls were so close in age. I think it's awesome that you scrapbook. I always thought that your pages were amazing.
Post a Comment