The other day, I had my friend come over to hang out while I used my new router in the garage. TJ says that I'm not allowed to use it if I'm home alone, and so I had her come over in case something went awry and I were to severe a limb or something. Everything went fine, so she only had to babysit long enough for Madison to go potty... not too bad.

Anyway, this is what I was working on. I needed to put together a baby shower gift. Well, the truth is that I had done the rest of the gift all week long (here and there, I'm not that ambitious) and centered the whole thing around being stacked on something, but when it came to the last day, I surely couldn't leave it all stacked on an old paper doll book... so I really HAD to finish the base of the gift. I did. I was worried about it, but I actually think it looks rather nice.
Anyway, this is what I was working on. I needed to put together a baby shower gift. Well, the truth is that I had done the rest of the gift all week long (here and there, I'm not that ambitious) and centered the whole thing around being stacked on something, but when it came to the last day, I surely couldn't leave it all stacked on an old paper doll book... so I really HAD to finish the base of the gift. I did. I was worried about it, but I actually think it looks rather nice.
I sprung for some transfer tape to place my vinyl... total life saver there! It made the project so much nicer looking, and a tad less crooked too.... interesting.
Anyway, I really hope she loved the gift, many people seemed to ooh and Aah over it, which always makes a person feel better about it. But I hope she truly loves it and will be able to use everything. Apparently it's like an obsession or passion of mine to put together gifts and make them look cool... I'm a total freak. Whatever.

5 comments:
That is so super cute!! Okay, so where is my taggie blanket, huh?!
So fun!!! You are so talented! Hey, no worries on the OCD for gift wrapping and making things look perfect. I'm totally in the same boat as you are. I think it's a disease...a sweet, soul uplifting disease that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....
oops! Was that my outside voice? :)
Looks so good it almost makes me want to have another baby just to get a gift like that. Almost, but not quite!
I'm oohing and aahing seeing the gift all over again! You're my gift-designing-hero. Just as in previous comments, cute girl presents sure makes me baby hungry! :)
I just came across your blog for the first time via Beth's blog via Kelly's blog. Anyway, I am the oh so lucky recipient of the gorgeous gift you put so much time and love into. And yes, I absolutely love everything in it and you did an amazing job!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Erinn
Post a Comment