Saturday, June 7, 2008

Why isn't my house clean?

Well, here's the reason: This is what I've been up to lately. I've been wanting to try making some candy sushi for awhile now and so I finally bought the stuff to make them last nite. I thought they looked alright for a 10 minute effort. I think if I were to hunt down some better supplies, they could look even better. I mean, I couldn't even find swedish fish last nite... how "sushi-like" is that? The girls thought they looked pretty cool, but didn't really want to have anything to do with eating them. So maybe they aren't really a kid-friendly cupcake...



Here is a dress I made for Tristan: I had seen these being sold online and figured I would try my hand at making one. Apparently they are dresses made out of pillow cases... I looked for cute pillow cases, but they were all sold only with the whole bedroom set. Lucky for me, if I'm going to figure out how to sew a dress, I DO know how to sew a pillow case. So I got out some old fabric fromt he stash and zipped up a travel-sized pillow case, only to cut it back apart.... whatever, it looks cute in the end, right? I still need to make some spankies to go underneath, I have a feeling those are going to be harder than the dress was!



finally got a 12x12 frame to house my latest scrapbook page, which I am pleased about. Also, I am pleased with this page because it's one of VERY FEW that actually have my own hand writing on it. I jsut absolutely adored someone else's page done similar so I had to hand write mine also! I love those girls, they do and say the silliest things, but that's part of what makes them so cute!



I stumbled upon this wooden beauty in Michaels one day. and I am so happy with the way it turned out covered with paper. I only have to buy 1 sheet of paper to cover the whole thing too, that's great! and those stringy looking flowers I was able to cut out on my Pazzle, so I loved that even more! Now I get to hang this wonderful addition in my scrapbook room so clip little do-dads or photos onto. Love it.



Alright, so now if you come to my house and it is in complete diarray, don't wonder why, just ask to see my latest projects!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Cute projects. How do you make your blog so cute? I'd like to "update" my "look" but I don't know if it will keep my old posts and photos...So we are officially moving to Boulder. We need to go house hunting, but we aren't sure when - probably some time mid-July.
Are you guys planning on going home this summer?

Debi said...

Ashley... you are way too cool! Can I have your sushi candy recipe?

stampinashley said...

Debi, apparently I can't send you an email... That's alright, I'll post about the sushi, since I'm sure more people will want to know!

There's not much of a recipe, but I'll tell you how I did it! I just used a small pound/angel food cake, in a loaf that was next to the strawberries. Sliced it, then cookie cuttered some circles.

I frosted around the edge and wrapped it with some fruit leather. It didn't stick on totally well, so I think that fruit roll up might work better, but not look as real. Or else I am considering dipping the bottom and sides in melted chocolate... Then frost the top and dip into coconut to make it look like rice.

For the stuff in the middle, since I couldn't find swedish fish, I got some gummy fruit slices. And sliced three different colors, mushed them together then cut them in half (so you'd see the insdie jelly part) and then shoved it down in.

There you go. I've been collecting other pictures on the web, but honestly I think mine look more real than most any of the other ones I've seen. maybe I'm biased?!

Emily S. said...

man-- my house isn't clean either, but I really don't have any projects to show for it! I am in LOVE with the sushi cupcakes. I will totally be stealing this idea, just FYI. :)

You are an inspiration to my crafty side right now.

Sara said...

I'm totally lovin' the altered clip thingy and the framed scrapbook page! The candy sushi is ok, but I really love the other stuff. Who cares what your house looks like if you're creating such cool stuff? (coming from a girl who's house is in dis-array because of studying) :)

John and Clara said...

It's good that you have something to show for your time even if there is a messy house behind the scenes. You always come up with the cutest and coolest ideas.

Leah said...

Really cute scrapbook page.

birthMOM said...

im with the girls, no offense but the cupcakes don't look too appetizing! maybe cuz I hate sushi and too much sugar makes me cringe! heehee

the dress is cute, I've heard of those before. do you smock? that was something my mom always did was smock us dresses - very time consuming though!!

may I recommend a cleaning lady to follow you around and clean up after your projects - mia maids are the perfect age and very affordable!! ha!

did you ever see my Thailand elephant riding pics? see ya ~desha

drkeel said...

At least you have something to show when your house is a mess. Not me.Mine is becasue I am lazy!!! okay or probably becasue we are tearing a wall down or Payton has tore something apart and I really don't feel like cleaning up after him!!! Cute dress. Wish I had a creative bone to do something with !!


Search Engine Optimization Services

The Key